JIA Club Interactive Session: What Can I Expect For My Child With JIA?
- What: Online talk
- When: 18/09/2020
- Duration of Event: 8:30pm to 9:20pm
- Recommended Audience: Anyone who is caring for a JIA patient or who wants to know more about JIA.
Venue: Online interactive workshop via Zoom (Zoom log in details will be sent to you upon registration for this event)
Speakers: Dr Ooi Pei Ling and Joel Si
- What can I expect for my child with JIA? – by Dr Ooi Pei Ling, Paediatric Rheumatologist (20mins)
- A JIA patient speaks about his journey with JIA. – by Joel Si, JIA patient since 7 and now a working professional (10mins)
- Q&A and group sharing session on your journey with JIA and to exchange useful tips on how you deal or care for your child with JIA – facilitated by NAF and Dr. Ooi (20mins)
When the diagnosis of JIA is made, most parents and children would have many questions about their treatment, what to expect for their future and how it would impact schooling and family life. This typically results in a lot of fear and anxiety.