SINGAPORE ANKYLOSING SPONDYLITIS CLUB
The Singapore Ankylosing Spondylitis Club (SASC) is a support group for patients with Ankylosing Spondylitis. It was formed in 1990 under the umbrella of the National Arthritis Foundation.
Objectives of the club are:
1) To motivate patients to preserve their mobility through a regular exercise programme.
2) To promote awareness of Ankylosing Spondylitis among patients and their families.
3) To improve patient morale so that they can better cope with their disease.
Activities of the club :
Our Club activities include weekly physiotherapy sessions under the guidance of trained physiotherapists. These are held at 7.00 p.m. every Friday at Physiotherapy Department, Level B1, Tan Tock Seng Hospital. For more information, please call + 65 6227 9726.
Other activities include educational talks by various specialists, social gatherings (like having meals at local favourite places), outings to interesting places and sometimes outings with members of Ankylosing Spondylitis clubs of other countries.
If you are interested to be part of the AS Club, please fill in the registration form HERE (or go to: https://bit.ly/ASclub) and we will keep you informed of upcoming activities.For more information, kindly contact Audrey at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 6227 9726.
The new ASpire ASDAS multilingual app (in English, Mandarin, Malay, Tamil and Bahasa Indon) is designed by experts to help patients with Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS) manage and learn more about their condition.
Get instant access to a comprehensive list of medical information, exercise videos and assessments to help you manage your AS condition better.
Features of ASpire app:
- includes BASDAI and ASDAS questionnaires to assess the severity of the AS condition
- monitor your condition over time and, if paired with a prescription, track any subsequent improvements
- reminds you when to record BASDAI/ASDAS scores, take your treatment, or attend an appointment at the hospital
- regular blood tests (CRP) can also be stored in this app.