SINGAPORE ANKYLOSING SPONDYLITIS CLUB
The Singapore Ankylosing Spondylitis Club (SASC) is a support group for patients with Ankylosing Spondylitis. It was formed in 1990 under the umbrella of the National Arthritis Foundation.
Objectives of the club are:
1) To motivate patients to preserve their mobility through a regular exercise programme.
2) To promote awareness of Ankylosing Spondylitis among patients and their families.
3) To improve patient morale so that they can better cope with their disease.
Activities of the club :
Our Club activities include regular talks by healthcare professionals on topics related to AS and to help patients cope with AS. At these sessions (usually done via webinars), participants also get to interact with the speakers through a Q&A session. There is also an AS Club chat group where members share useful information about their AS journey with one another in the chat.
Other activities include social gatherings (like having meals at local favourite places) and outings to interesting places.
If you are interested to be part of the AS Club, please fill in the registration form HERE and we will keep you informed of upcoming activities. For more information, kindly contact Audrey at email@example.com or call us at 6227 9726.
The new ASpire ASDAS multilingual app (in English, Mandarin, Malay, Tamil and Bahasa Indon) is designed by experts to help patients with Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS) manage and learn more about their condition.
Get instant access to a comprehensive list of medical information, exercise videos and assessments to help you manage your AS condition better.
Features of ASpire app:
- includes BASDAI and ASDAS questionnaires to assess the severity of the AS condition
- monitor your condition over time and, if paired with a prescription, track any subsequent improvements
- reminds you when to record BASDAI/ASDAS scores, take your treatment, or attend an appointment at the hospital
- regular blood tests (CRP) can also be stored in this app.